Mold Exposure vs. Allergies

Mold Exposure vs. Allergies Ram Restoration

Mold exposure is a serious problem for you and your family. When you’re exposed to mold, it starts an immune response in your body. The immune response is even more serious for people that have a mold allergy. It’s important to know if you’ve been exposed to mold and developed a mold allergy or if you have regular allergies. If you’ve been exposed to mold in your home or office, it poses a serious health risk to you and those who have also been exposed. If it is a mold exposure, you have options to stop the mold growth. Ram Restoration can remove and remediate the infected areas and restore your space to a mold-free area.

Symptoms of Mold Exposure

Typical mold exposure symptoms may mimic regular allergy symptoms. These symptoms may include stuffy nose, runny or watery eyes, and dry, scaly skin. Remember, each person is different, so when one person experiences severe symptoms, another person may experience mild symptoms. It also depends on how long you’ve been exposed to the mold. The less amount of time you’ve been around mold, the less severe your symptoms will be.

Additionally, if you have asthma, your mold exposure symptoms may be worse than others because you already have breathing problems. If you have asthma, you’ll want to be stricter in looking mold growth in your home or office.

Mold Allergy Risk Factors

Some people are more prone to experiencing mold allergies than others. For instance, if you have a family history of allergies and asthma, you may experience harsher symptoms during a mold exposure. If you are around places on a regular basis that exposes you to mold, you may also experience more severe symptoms. The less you’re exposed to mold, the less severe your mold allergy is.

Ways to Reduce Mold Exposure

Mold grows wherever there’s excess water present. If you’re concerned about mold exposure in your home or office, you have ways to reduce the chance of mold growing around you.

First, you’ll want to take into account the humidity in your home or office. If there’s too much humidity, it means there’s too much wetness in the area. When your space has extra water, it gives mold a chance to grow and thrive. To combat this, you may want to consider a dehumidifier.

Also, consider regularly checking mold-prone areas on a regular basis. Kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and crawl spaces are typically areas where mold is likely to grow because of the extra moisture in the area. Check these areas often to ensure there’s no mold growth to keep those around you safe from mold exposure.

Mold exposure presents serious health risks to you and those around you. The earlier you find mold growth and treat it, the less exposure you’ll have, which lessens the severity of the symptoms you’ll have. If you’ve found mold growing in your home or office, you need to act fast. Your first step should be contacting Dayton’s locally owned and operated mold remediation company. Need mold removed and remediated? Contact us now.